Friday, February 17, 2012
Day 131...
Today when I realized that I have been doing this for 131 days, I teared up! I honestly did not think I could make it this far! But God has shown me that there is something to be thankful for every day! No matter what! I am constantly amazed with what He is doing in my life! In these one hundred and thirty-one days, I have found a joy and contentment that I never thought would be possible! Okay... I am tearing up again! Sheesh! I never thought I would be getting this emotional about it! Yes, I do have my hard days when (I'm gonna be honest here) I don't want to be thankful for something! But I remind myself that I made a commitment to myself, to you (my readers), and most importantly to God! I also have the days where everything seems perfect and I just thank God for everything! I've learned to be content and joyful in both good and bad situations. But let me tell you, this is NOT, by any means, my own doing! It is God working in and through me! He has used every good and bad thing that has happened to build me up. He has given me friends one step ahead to give me a hand when I'm struggling, and given me friends a step behind for me to encourage. I don't know if I've told this to my readers, but originally I had planned to keep this blog to myself and just keep it between me and God. But after some convincing from a friend, I chose to make it public. Looking back, I realize how foolish I was to want to keep this to myself! I now know that this can be a blessing for people to read, and that God can use someone like me to bless others! God knows what he is doing through me, even if I don't see it... Now I'm not trying to sound "holier than thou"... I am not perfect, and am quite far from it! But God is working in my life every day and is drawing me closer to Him! Which brings me to what I am thankful for today... I am thankful that for every day that I have blogged so far, God has been working in my life and has been changing my perspective of everything! If I may say one more off-topic thing, I encourage all of you to start a blog or journal like this! It isn't always easy, but looking back, it is worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment