Today I am thankful for seeing a dandelion! Well, three or four actually! I used to hate dandelions! I would walk through the grass by the church playground and the dandelions would stain my pretty white shoes! (Hey, I was 8!)... And yes, there IS as story behind this!
One day I was helping with the childcare at my church (I was around 11 at the time...) and one little boy got VERY mad at me! His name was Christopher... He got so mad at me that he would yell at me or try to hit me every time he saw me! But after a couple of years, he grew older and cooled off a little bit... Then one Sunday as I was walking to the Sanctuary at the church from the Sunday School buildings, Christopher ran up to me, wrapped his arms around me, and said he was sorry and that he really did like me! Then he handed me several crumpled up dandelions that hee had in his hand which he picked just for me!
Now I love them! Every time I see a dandelion, I think of Christopher! I always pick one out of a field when they're abundant... I'll pick the one's that are "seeding" (I don't know the real word... :P) and blow the seeds of and make a wish or say a prayer as the seeds are floating through the air
No comments:
Post a Comment