Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 104...

Today I am thankful for the time I spent working at the end of last year and the beginning of this year... My job was literally an answer to a prayer! But I am unable to keep the job because the elderly man I cared for passed away at 1:00 AM... I know he was always in pain, and I am so happy that he doesn't have to live with the aches and pains of this life anymore! A month or two ago, he told me about his older brother... His older brother was 2-3 years older than him, but shortly after my boss was born, his brother passed away... Just a few weeks ago, Mr. G was pretty depressed and all  he could think about was death/dying. He asked me if I thought he would see his brother in Heaven, and if I did, if I thought he would recognize him... I do believe that, and I told him so. He started tearing up, and asked if I thought my grandpa would know him when Mr. G got to Heaven... I sure do! Pappaw talked about him constantly before he died! (They were both in the Merchant Marines during WWII)... And now I bet they're up in Heaven swapping those old war stories! I am so thankful for the time I had with both of these men! They've changed me for the better, and I'll always love them for that!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, I am so sorry for your loss. I praise God, however that he had you to talk to about heaven and all!!! We are praying for you sweet girl :o)

    ReplyDelete