Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 63...

Today I am thankful for the chance I had to go caroling with my youh group at the senior home where my grandma lives. I ended up on the 3rd floor (so not on a floor where I could see Mammaw...) and I got to see a man I met at lunch today! (We ate lunch in the dining room there! Just as good as a restraunt and FREE! ;) My group was, of course, the most awesome caroling group! (we split the youth group into 3 groups... one on each floor)... But before and after we did the caroling, I walked over to what they call the Wall of Honor... My grandpa's picture is hanging there under the Navy section. At that point I couldn't hold back the tears. What was the most heartbreaking, is the fack that his frame had a small crack and the glass was broken too. But I know that's a sad thing on what's supposed to be a happy, thankful blog... But what I'm really thankful for is my friend who understands and was there for me. It meant a lot just to have her come up while I was just staring and hold my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment