Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 47...

Today I am thankful for such an easy job! I take care of a friend's elderly neighbor... (Have I mentioned this before???)... While I visit with him, I can knit, crochet, quilt, cook, and do a lot of other activities! It also keeps me from staring at my computer or the TV all day! It's very interesting hearing his childhood stories, war stories, and stories of the things he has done since then! For instance, he was a member of The Salvation Army Church, and it is very interesting hearing about his work there! (Whenever he asks if he is boring me with those stories, I say no... He still doesn't belive that I find them fascinating!) I have a very special "employer"... The other day he told me, "The world has been made a beter place because of you." Wow! That took me by surprise! He also became good friends with my grandpa before he passed away... I absolutely love my job, and how I got it is a miracle! No seriously! It was a miracle! But I'll explain that on my other blog some other time!

No comments:

Post a Comment